Thursday, January 31, 2013

The last month has been such a whirlwind of events for me. My work life and personal life has experienced some shake-ups and has left many things out of my control. This is a feeling a control freak like me really isn't used to.

Typically in these situations I would stress and cry and be very hard on myself. But this time I have just felt an odd calmness take over me. Which has almost left me with an inability to feel really emotional about anything. (Very odd for me)

I have been finding comfort in reading, running, and writing more than usual. (And maybe donuts, don't tell anyone) I love those three things all the time but lately they are more therapeutic than ever.

Frozen ocean on my run Sunday. I braved the 12 degrees to get a few miles in. Brr
I returned from Boston very early Wednesday morning and felt extremely grateful I was able to spend some time with my grandmother and family. I ate my weight in donuts and other really bad food and and find myself with a severe case of refined white sugary starchy stuff belly and a tad bit nervous about my half marathon this weekend.  I squeezed in 3 mile before work this morning and my speed was great and legs felt great but cardio level felt not so hot.


Exhibit A - black and white
Exhibit B - regular coffee strawberry frosted

I am going to spend the next two days continuing to avoid dairy and bread until I do a little light carb load on Saturday for my race Sunday.

Another thing I have been trying to focus on is all the little great things around me that bring constant joy in times where I need a little happiness A fresh bouquet of flowers as a treat to myself, buying a flat of strawberries and dipping two dozen on them in dark chocolate, new books on order as I have had this carnivorous reading appetite lately, and lots of little notes to those who fill my life with love and support.


When You See Only The Dark Know The Light Will Soon Return


Frozen Boston skyline

The beginning of a little snow storm

No comments:

Post a Comment