Friday, January 25, 2013

Boston, 8 miles, croissants

Friday! For being a short week it has felt exceptionally long. I actually managed to get my long run in this morning before work but I am super angry because when I mapped it out the map said 9 miles and then when I saw how fast I ran it I knew it couldn't be right so I went back and re-mapped and it was only 8 miles. Very frustrating since I really wanted 9 under my belt today.

I think I need a Garmin but I just can't imagine spending $300 on a watch since I usually don't care about my pace, I just run by how I feel.

View from mile 4 this morning.
 Of course I still treated myself to a croissant and double shot latte when I finished. There are few feelings better in the world than finishing an early morning long run, taking a hot shower and sipping on a cup of hot strong coffee.

I had to move my long run to this morning because I am flying to Boston early tomorrow. My grandmother is not doing well and I want to spend some quality time with her while I still can. Hopefully we will watch Pride and Prejudice, talk about her and my grandfather and their travels and maybe she can try to teach me to knit one more time if she's up to it. (I am a TERRIBLE knitter, she makes gorgeous things and is just so crafty.)

Going back home will feel nice and I can't wait to hug my little cousins. I haven't been to Boston in over a year, which is a long stretch for me.

Tonight I will meet one of my best girlfriends for a drink, go on a little dinner date with J, finish up some things before I leave tomorrow and not so secretly dread my 6 hour flight.

 Happy Friday, friends. Hug someone you care about extra tight today.

No comments:

Post a Comment