Monday, July 1, 2013

24 miles

Last week I successfully went to two days of yoga and ran all four of my running workouts.  I have nothing bad to say about any of these workouts and even had a blissful time on my 12-miler where I ran over the bridge and back Saturday before the temps soared.

But, today I kinda feel crappy about my training. I think reading all these running blogs with girls who have run marathons before or even ran in college make me feel discouraged. I'll never (probably) BQ nor will I be someone who starts their marathon training with 35 miles a week. Maybe, someday? But, really I doubt that. I was actually feeling proud of my 24 mile week until I read about someone's second week of their training cycle who was running 34 miles.

It's really dumb for me to compare myself and I need to be more proud of my hard work and the time it takes along with all the other stuff I try to do. It's just difficult to work hard for those 24 miles that don't clock in at sub 9:00 miles like their week's seem to.

This week I have a cut back on my long run, just 9 miles, then we start getting really serious until marathon tapering at the end of September. I am excited, nervous, and filled with questions as I continue on the journey.

Fueling has been a big question for me. I know I need to be eating more but I don't know what I can add. I don't feel overly hungry yet and I also have been bad about pre-planning meals. I have been trying to incorporate protien shakes 30 minutes after my run to aid recovery. So far so good? Though they aren't my first choice in refueling as I must rather eat watermelon and a pancake. I also am getting really nervous about being injured. I have had two injuries and know how terrible they are and I want to avoid that at all costs. I've been rolling and stretching like a boss. Let's hope this helps.

As far as other things go? Good. Excited for Hawaii next week and relaxing while traveling, not cramming my schedule and zippinf around like a crazy woman.

Happy Monday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment