Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Terrible, horrible, no good news

I laced up for my little four mile jaunt yesterday and as soon as I hit my third or fourth stride the back ligament on my right leg seemed to catch on something every fifth or so stride. I didn't feel any pain but I know that is NOT normal for me and tried a ton of stretching and did squats and lunges to see if I could loosen it up but nothing seemed to stop it.

I am angry, scared and mostly sad. I hope this is just my body telling me to take a few extra rest days and that I will be fine after resting my legs and perhaps a massage but it is frightening. The odd thing is it doesn't hurt at all and it doesn't "pop" or stretch or whatever it's doing when I am just walking. I know my calf and hammies are super tight so I am assuming that has something to do with it.

For now I am going to rest and cross-train and hope I can run four on Friday. I think four rest days may do the trick? Ugh. Let's hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment