Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Too many pastries

After a weekend of 4th of July festivities and eating too much and drinking too many bottles of wine this week before we leave for Hawaii has been about getting things done and not eating a diet that is 100% based on sugar.

I ran a nine miler for my long run Sunday. It was a cut back week. This week I run 4-7-4-14 for a total of 29 miles. A 14 miler in Hawaii isn't sounding too awesome right now. Me and humidity aren't really BFF's. I may break up my 14 miler and four miler into two nine miler runs. One on Friday and one on Saturday. Let's hope I can get my 14 miler crossed off the training plan. Maybe I will tempt myself with a massage if I can get done with all my workouts. I am feeling like even with yoga 2x a week and foam rolling almost daily I still can't get rid of some aches.

Next week I run a 15 mile run and have already planned it out. I am actually super stoked for this one and am running to Sausalito and taking myself out to brunch afterward and hopping on the ferry home to SF. It will be SO fun and a treat for finishing those 15 miles.

After my run tonight we are going to a birthday party at Bix which I have been dying to try. (I know, I just said no wine!) I am excited. Here's two photos from the weekend. We picnicked in Washington Sq. Park on the 4th, had oyster happy hour then went to a BBQ on the 5th, and Saturday I did yoga, tried a new bakery called La Marais, got mani pedis with Lo and we hit up Napa. It was a fun filled day. Sunday after a Tartine trip and my run I was so exhausted I slept the rest of the afternoon. Yikes! I managed to wake up and grocery shop and cook a fabulous farmer's market skillet dinner that night. Recipe to come!

Hawaii bound in two more days, Aloooooha!

Strolling one of the gardens at Cakebread Cellars in St. Helena

Bread pudding with seasonal berries from Tartine!

No comments:

Post a Comment