Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Reflections

I am super excited to run my six miles tonight. Weird. I kinda wanna soak up the feeling of humidity and summer as it makes me nostalgic for Boston summers. (Remind me of this at mile three) Typically, I do not enjoy evening runs because I have to be super cautious with what I eat all day as my sensitive stomach rejects most things that aren't bagels or oatmeal before a run. Hopefully my egg burrito with avocado and a whole wheat tortilla will be OK and digested by 5:30.

I bought a two-week pass to a new yoga studio on Monday. It was an odd vinyassa power flow class with a little less mindfulness than my usual studio. I definitely prefer my home studio better but it's fun to try new places. I didn't feel like I got as much of a good stretch but I definitely did feel a burn.

Other notes: I have been wanting a beer after all my longer runs lately. So odd as I have never been a huge beer drinking even though I do enjoy a beer every so often.

Trying to incorporate protein powder into my morning routine. Meh. Bleh.

Hawaii two weeks from tomorrow!

Tentative Fourth of July plans made with two BBQ's and a Napa visit.

Twelve miles Saturday followed by dinner in Sausalito and a visit from an old roommate Sunday!

Oh, and I found this gem today. Someday I will take a good race photo. I look like a gleeful idiot in this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment