Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lately.

My grandmother passed away May 31 early in the morning. I flew back home to Boston last week and spent some great time with my family and celebrated her life with lots of friends and relatives in a fashion she most certainly would approve of. (Especially the Merlot toast.)

Gorgeous sunset that greeted me on my ferry ride from Boston to Hull. 
I somehow managed to stick to my marathon training schedule and only miss one run out of the nine I have had scheduled so far. Pretty happy I managed to do that, despite flying around the country and back, trying to work, spending time with loved ones and even going out of town last weekend for some much needed quality time with J. (We haven't seen each other and spent time just the two of us in three weeks.)

Gorgeous Lake Tahoe where we kayaked.
We went up to Lake Tahoe (it was my first time and now I am obsessed) and had a wonderful weekend of kayaking, pool lounging and eating at our amazing hotel the Ritz Carlton. (Best hotel I have ever stayed at.) It was lovely.

Our cozy room that looked out to the mountains



This week I am back in SF until Thursday night. Then I fly to Arizona. I haven't visited since I moved over a year ago. I am looking forward to seeing friends, celebrating Emily and Jeremy's wedding, trail racing and drinking a GIANT Macy's Special in my little mountain town.

Workouts this week include:

Monday: 3 miles (9:45 pace)
Tuesday: yoga
Wednesday: 5 miles (9:11 pace)
Thursday: 3 miles (pace tbd)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 6 miles (pace tbd) - 5k trail race followed by 3 more miles (assuming they let me buy a bib)
Sunday: Rest

I am looking forward to my longer runs coming up, oddly. I can't wait to get up to the 14 mile, 15 milers. I must say though adding an extra mid-milage run to my week is a challenge. Thankfully we have so much sunlight now, otherwise I'd be on the dreadmill which I can only handle for about 30 minutes.

And on a cheesy note: My favorite person and myself from last weekend in Tahoe on a gondola from our hotel to the village. I like him.






No comments:

Post a Comment