Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Grandmother

Many of my favorite summer memories are punctuated with moments spent at my grandparent's house: Hood ice cream in the living room after dinner while my Grammy yelled (lovingly always) at her Red Sox on TV, late nights where I was left to believe it's definitely OK to use Egyptian words in games of Scrabble and countless viewings of Pride and Prejudice (the A&E boxed set) after days spent at the beach.

My grandmother was a woman who really cared for everyone she ever met. She always could see the good in people and was always willing to give her time and energy to help anyone in need. I am thankful for her teaching me to always be generous, that small gestures can make big impacts and to never cook on Friday nights. Miss you already, Grammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment