Thursday, February 28, 2013

In the mornings, before work

I successfully ran five miles at my half marathon goal pace! I came in at 44 minutes for my run this morning before work and I actually didn't feel like death despite being relatively speedy (for my standards.)

Do I think a sub two hour race is going to happen two weeks from now? No. I highly doubt I will run a sub two in my 3rd half marathon ever but I think I can break 2:07 and PR if I really want it that day. Other factors will be course, fueling and weather so we'll play it by ear.

Lately I have been loving speed work and not loving long easy runs. I want to go faster! </end random thought>

Other notes: Hats. OK, All my hats give me a ridiculous line on my forehead that take an hour to fade despite wearing them loose in order to avoid forehead dent embarrassment. I like to get in runs before work so walking around the office with a line on my head makes me feel extra lame. Any suggestions for a hat that doesn't do this? I already have tried Lululemon and Nike hats.

Let's be honest, going to Vegas tomorrow I don't expect to get anymore workouts in this week. I should run nine miles tomorrow but I am super booked up until my flight leaves. I have an alumni event for my university today, need to do laundry, pack and get into work early so I can leave early. Phew.

Monday: 3 mile lunch run
Tuesday: one hour full body conditioning in AM and one hour yoga PM
Wednesday: 15 min core in the am then rest in PM (so sore from Tuesday conditioning
Thursday: 5 miles at goal half marathon pace
Friday: Vegas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment