Monday, February 25, 2013

Holy moly, I am running a marathon.

Saturday on my long run something struck me as I ran passed a woman in a 26.2 shirt; that's going to be ME!

Looking at my training schedule I know this is going to be A LOT of work and dedication. I am thinking about joining a running club so I have company on those 18 milers, 20 milers, etc. This is going to take a lot of support for someone like me who can sometimes decide that 7.5 miles is as good as 8. I think it might take a village to raise a marathoner? No? OK, but it may take a little push from behind to really get through those long runs.

This is something I still have a little time to think about but it's seeming like a good option.

My favorite little cheesy motto. I usually hate these things but I love this one
This week workout wrap up!

Monday: Two speedy miles just because
Tuesday: Three miles of fartleks
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Three miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: Yoga

I got a massage Saturday for the first time since April. It was delightful and my left calf with the terrible knot is all better now. Ahhh.

Can we talk about the Oscars for a minute? I like, Anne Hathaway but really? She won? I think I just loved Silver Linings Playbook way more than Les Mis. C'est le vie, I guess...

Also,  I am going to Vegas Friday night for a bachelorette party. It's the first one I have ever been to. I can't wait to hang out with some lovely ladies and get my dance on.

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment