Monday, February 18, 2013

Long Weekends

Ahhh, the three day weekend. After a crazy week last week I really needed a break, however I didn't find myself relaxing until I woke up at 7am on Saturday feeling completely spent but knowing I needed to get an eight miler in.

Last week friends were in town visiting and I also made other plans with co-workers and other friends. Add getting a treatment done by my doctor resulting in a swollen foot, I had to forgo any workouts until Saturday.

So my schedule looked like this: Monday: Strength, Tuesday: Three Miles, Wednesday: Rest, Thursday: Rest, Friday: Rest, Saturday: Eight Miles and strength, Sunday: Yoga.

Eleven miles, blah. Need to get serious this week.

After my eight and workout Saturday I spend the day in bed feeling exhausted. Luckily after more sleep I woke up and felt refreshed and took the rest of the weekend easy with a dinner date with two girlfriends, in bed by 10pm, followed by a Sunday in Napa eating a lot with J's sister in law and niece, followed by lots of documentary watching (Have you seen any of the Up movies? I watched three of them last night) followed by bed again by 10. Ahhh.

Today is devoted to errands and the art museum and making some chile verde.

Happy President's Day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment