Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Welcoming Fall with Apple Cider Donuts

Hello, dear friend Fall. In honor to celebrate your arrival I baked these guys for you. Please, help yourself.

These are my finished product before J and I gobbled them up.

After a visit to Sur La Table by way of the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building I had acquired a new donut pan.

So, what better way to break it in then with apple cider donuts?


I adapted my recipe from the smitten kitchen.

1 cup apple cider
2 cups flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup lowfat milk

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease donut pan. Mix up all your ingredients. (I had to rhyme or reason to my mixing, just dumped everything in the bowl.) Add batter to donuts pan but only fill them half way up or else they will come out looking like muffins with a hole only on the bottom. Bake about 12-15 min. Take out of oven and let cool for about 3-5 minutes. Pour one cup of cider in a bowl and prepare another bowl with cinnamon sugar mixture.

Dip donuts in apple cider. 

Roll in bowl mixed with cinnamon and sugar.

Arrange on plate and enjoy!!

(my recipe made 3 dozen mini donuts)

These were so good we ate two dozen in about an hour with some coffee. 

You’ve been warned...

No comments:

Post a Comment