Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall, my love.

Something about the fall makes me want to buy everyone a copy of an Emily Bronte novel, a great candle and a cozy throw blanket.

Growing up in Boston I was accustom to the most lovely New England falls. It was punctuated perfectly by the Topsfield Fair, some new mittens, and apple cider.

Once we moved to Phoenix fall was no longer. In the desert fall doesn't really exist. However, once I went to college I embraced the four seasons again and welcomed fall with open arms.

Aspen Tree's, something that truly makes northern Arizona special

Leaving Flagstaff I knew San Francisco wouldn't have too much of a fall, but so far I am holding out some hope. Due to the fact it never really gets hot here the temps are actually very fall-esque.

Tonight I baked my first pumpkin snack of the season. It was too easy. One box of cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree. Mix it together, stick it in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 min. (I made muffins with the batter.)

I have to say for their simplicity they are pretty yummy. Definitely not as good as my go to pumpkin muffin recipe, but so easy for a weeknight. 

Saturday will be my first pumpkin spice of the season, a tradition my best friend and I have had since high school. We wait until the first day of fall to get our PSL on at Starbucks. J said he wants to join me after we work out in the morning.

Tonight I will resume my fall activity with a glass of wine, delivery pizza from our fav spot, and re-watching some How I Met Your Mother before the new season starts Monday!!

Other fall things I look forward to: picking out a pumpkin with J, rocking my new booties all over town, warm apple cider, watching The Great Pumpkin, shopping for a winter coat, and best of all going home for Thanksgiving to see my family.

What do you love most about fall?



No comments:

Post a Comment