Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Flagstaff

I kind of miss the smell of Flagstaff in the summer right now. The dry air at 7,000 feet in a Ponderosa pine forest has such a unique, soul warming scent.

Sometime I miss wearing my down jacket out and about as a perfectly acceptable and even stylish choice of street wear. Let's be honest, my Teva sandals do make appearances on the SF streets, but very rarely.

I wouldn't trade my runs along the beautiful bay for the snow and ugly Milton Road strip, but I do find myself missing my mountain and the feeling summer is right around the corner. I miss the unpretentious atmosphere of Rendevous Cafe and driving out to the base of the mountain to go get lost on the trails for a few hours. It's true what they say about feeling more alone in a place where you are constantly surrounded by people rather than in my own little desolate place back in Flagstaff.

Looking across the bay and watching the lights on the bridge is a perfect reminder that I am exactly where I need to be, but from time to time, this heart yearns for the homeyness of the little mountain town I called home for 6 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment