Thursday, May 9, 2013

Morning routine

Oh hey. How is your week? Mine is going OK, thanks. After J's parents were here this last week I spent this last week getting settled into a normal routine of eating at home and running. I am slowly building my mileage back up starting with 12 miles total this week followed by 15 next week and from there the mileage will continue to ramp as we get into deep marathon training.

I decided to use the 18-week Hal Higdon marathon plan (Novice 2) Wish me luck. I also really think I need a speed workout I've got to mess with the schedule a tiny bit.

I am feeling tightness in my left calf after my 3 miler last night. So I spent this morning with NPR and these guys:

Foam roll, sip coffee, stretch band, repeat.

So fun! NEED to stop being a slacker and get back to yoga class. Tomorrow morning, I SWEAR. Must get a solid hour of stretchy-ness in before I run Saturday's six miler with Lauren.

In other news, these:

My new fav choco chip cookie friends

Go make them right now. They take 20 minutes and taste amazing and are vegan and gluten free. You will really like these. J ate almost all of them.

Tonight I have reservations at Flour + Water after nearly one year of waiting for an open table not at 5pm or 9pm. Let's hope the hype is all true. 

Happy running, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment