Wednesday, May 22, 2013

8 miles then null

Last week I ran a nice easy little 14 mile week. Two three milers and a glorious, beautiful, perfect eight miler on Saturday through Golden Gate Park. Aside from running the rest of the week was filled with lots of...outings. Friday we tried a bar I hadn't been to called Chambers. I loved the outdoor space and the art galleries. 

Awesome sign behind the bar

Outdoor pool at a bar in SF? This seems like LA to me...
 Saturday morning I ran that awesome eight miler with Lauren then ended back at home where I scarfed down some spinach and eggs and got a phone call from friends of ours inviting us to Napa for a quick tasting at their favorite winery. We went to Peju which was spectacular. We did a tasting of about seven wines and left with three bottles plus one more we drank before we drove back to the city. The Provence may be the best summer wine ever. That night we had dinner with our friends at the famous House of Prime Rib where I was able to eat back three times the calories I burned on my run. English cut, spinach, mashed potatoes and seconds, please.


Some vines at Peju.
 Sunday was Bay to Breakers which I did not really run, just casually walked and enjoyed the crazy costumes and more crazy people. It was a long day with a lot of beer and too much bar food.

B2B near Alamo Sq.
Due to the crazy week last week, this week I have felt awful and have run zero times, been to the gym zero times and done yoga, you guess it, zero times. Let's hope I feel better before I fly north for my weekend trip to Seattle to hang out with my parents.

Official marathon 18-week marathon plan starts next week. Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment